What Do You Say To A Guy Who Comes To Pick Up Your Daughter?

I have four daughters whom I love dearly, and one day they are going to enter the dating years.  How can I protect them?  I like this advice from Tommy Nelson.  He provides an example of what to say when a young man comes to pick up your daughter for a date.
"Come in and have a seat.  If you asked me for my car keys from seven to midnight, would I give them to you?  No.  My car is expensive and I can’t afford to have it torn up.  Do you know what’s infinitely more valuable to me than my car?  My daughter.  How do you think I feel about someone I don’t know asking me to take out my daughter.  Now I’ve got to let her go, but she’s the most precious thing in the world to me.  Now tell me about yourself and God.  Who’s telling you No?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Shouldn't Be A Swiftie

Should Christians Attend Gay Weddings?

Are We Approaching Armageddon?