Seven Proofs That God Can Change The Way You Talk

“But now, put away all the following: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and filthy language from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old self with its practices" Colossians 3:8-9
The Bible commands us to put away filthy language from our mouths.  We are to represent Christ in everything we say and do (Col 3:17).

You may be wondering if it is possible to change your speech; to stop cursing; to stop saying things that don't glorify God.  You may think that it is a habit that is too hard to break.  That you are stuck with filthy language. 

Today I want to give you seven proofs that God can change the way you talk. 

1) Jesus loosened the tongue of a mute man and gave him the gift of speech (Mt 7:35).

2) God struck Zechariah with muteness until his son, John the Baptist, was born, because he doubted God's word.  After the baby was born, Zechariah was able to speak again (Lk 1:18-29, 64).

3) The Holy Spirit enabled the church in Acts to speak in different languages (tongues) without having to learn them (Acts 2:4). 

4) In the Old Testament, God gave a donkey the ability to speak (2 Pt 2:16).

5) On several occasions Jesus silenced demons (Mk 1:34; Lk 4:35).

6) Jesus quieted a raging storm on the Sea of Galilee (Mk 4:39).

7) When God saved me as a young man, He immediately and radically changed my speech.  Before Christ I had a filthy mouth; but immediately after God saved me I stopped cursing, and I never went back. 

If God has the power to do all this, then He has the power to change your speech.  He created your mouth, your lips, your tongue, your teeth, your lungs, and your vocal cords.  He has the power to change you. 

The only thing that God is waiting for is you.  Do you want God to change your speech?  Then you must make a commitment to glorify God with your every word.  "I have determined that my mouth will not sin (Ps 17:3)."  And then you must ask for God's help.  "May the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, LORD, my rock and my Redeemer (Ps 19:14)."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Shouldn't Be A Swiftie

Should Christians Attend Gay Weddings?

Are We Approaching Armageddon?