What You Need to Know about the Ferguson Riots

Ferguson, Missouri is blowing up right now in the news.  Rioting, looting... it's crazy.  The focus is on race.  But is this really a racial issue?  Has a racial injustice been committed?  So far there is no proof that this had anything to do with race. 

It appears as though a policeman was attacked by a very dangerous criminal.  (Everyone keeps stressing that Michael Brown was unarmed.  The reality is that he was 6'4" tall, almost 300 pounds.  A man that size is extremely dangerous without weapons.)  With his life in danger, the cop drew his gun and fired on the criminal until he was subdued.  Why did he shoot six times?  Again, Brown was a huge man.  I'm sure the cop simply shot until he was sure the threat was neutralized. 

Unfortunately Michael Brown was killed.  That's a tragedy.  On the other hand, fortunately the good guy won; fortunately he had the training and the equipment necessary to prevail against evil.  The cop's actions make me feel safer.  I am reassured that the cops can beat the robbers.

I am not afraid of the cops.  I am thankful for them.  The rioters are what make me feel unsafe.  People like Al Sharpton are what scare me.  Criminals like Michael Brown scare me.  The cops are the good guys.

I don't think this has anything to do with race at all.  A cop killed a bad guy.  The cop just happened to be white, and the bad guy just happened to be black.  Bottom line:  Don't break the law, and don't attack a police officer, no matter what color you are.

Read this article by Russ Jones.  Very helpful.  "5 Things Christians Need to Know about the Ferguson Riots." 

Popular posts from this blog

Why You Shouldn't Be A Swiftie

Should Christians Attend Gay Weddings?

Are We Approaching Armageddon?